Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blogging Contest: I'm loving United Kingdom

Been staying in the United Kingdom for quite awhile already, well, I still need some times to get used of here, regardless the lifestyle, culture, foods and etc.

For sure, there would be a lot discrepancies when comparing the culture in Malaysia with United Kingdom. Yup, I've observed some interesting facts in the United Kingdom that apparently couldn't be found in Malaysia.

One by one..... :D
Part 1: Weather

In my perspective, "Summer" should be something that would cause you sweat a lot, where you will see a lot people are wearing as less as they could. Well, that's how we did back in Malaysia as it has been having approximately 34 celsius for almost everyday.

But in UK, the Summer is not really that "Summer". On average, the temperature for everyday is about 14 celsius, which is almost halved of Malaysia's. And for sure, I was shivering cold most of the time once I stepped out of my dormitory.

And guess what, British people love sunshine a lot. There was a day which the weather was getting warmer due to the emergence of the sunshine. Instantly, you could see a lot British people walked around in Sheffield town in the hope of "absorbing" the sunshine. (No offense :P)


As you can see in the photo, they are enjoying running here and there under the sun. Yeah, they really love sun a lot!



Even the kids, they were brought by their parents to the Sheffield park to enjoy the sunny day.

Meanwhile, Malaysians who used to be exposed under the sun may choose other option: hiding under the trees. Just like the photo below:

That's how we did back in Malaysia, because we really hate the hot weather a lot.

Part 2: Food

In Malaysia, the foods are majority hot and spicy. For instance, one of my favourite foods back in Malaysia is nasi lemak, which the rice is to be eaten together with sambal (sort of spicy source), egg, peanuts and some anchovies.


The foods in the UK, hmmmm.... the first few components that come into my mind are oily, huge and taste weird.

Why?

I had my first fish and chips yesterday. It was huge and I had been so mean that I didn't want to share it with my friends. As a result, I couldn't finish it. Well of course, part of the reasons was also because the food was kind of greasy.

3.5o pounds for the fish and chips, huge and worth! :D

Part 3: Culture

Well, seriously no offense that the British people are open-minded. Why? Scroll down and see~

Accidentally captured this photo back in few days ago. Well I actually like this kind of culture which they are really showing that they love each other so much. Well in Malaysia, regardless Malay, Chinese or Indian, they are all conservative enough. If this scene (the photo above) is able to be seen in Malaysia, well I think it would be rated as "18sx".

I remember I heard a joke when I was in Kuala Lumpur. There was a pair of couples kissing at the KLCC park. Later, they were caught by police because of conducting "inappropriate" behaviour in front of public. Seriously, it was ridiculous!

Part 4: Miscellaneous

Spotted this special wall when I was heading back to my hostel. We were having our guessing session as we didn't know the purpose of the names were carved on the bricks.

My friend guessed that the wall is kind of cemetery memorial, but I think the wall is sort of sponsorship from the citizens. So, what do you think?

Last but not least, it's about pigeon. What so special about it? Well, let me explain...

The pigeons are quite chubby actually. I don't know why the pigeons in Malaysia are quite skinny actually. Well the main reason I think is that, the foods in UK are super nutrition. :D

Alright, that's all about the United Kingdom. And I'm gradually loving this lovely country from now on.

More to explore! :)


No comments: