Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sky God Worshipping

Sky God Worshipping, also known as "Bai Thee Gong" in Hokkien, usually held on the 9th day of Chinese New Year. Precisely, this ceremony is specially for the Hokkiens but then it doesn't prohibit others to join this event la~ :) Well, originally, this event is to celebrate the end of world war... well I think it should be the second world war, if I'm not mistaken. Further, during the war, with the assistance of those sugar canes, the Hokkiens were able to hide themselves without the noticing of the enemies ( I think is the Japanese soldiers). Subsequently, the war was ended at the 9th day of Chinese New Year. Thereafter, as an appreciation to the contribution of these sugar canes,every Hokkien's family will celebrate this big event by sticking up 2 sugar canes on the left and right hand side of the sacrifices.

With that, this year I grabbed the chance to spend such a big day of Hokkien. Well, simply because I don't have to rush back to KL anymore. And I felt great that I could spend it with my beloved family.

The kids in my house are growing up gradually and they also have the chance to celebrate this event. Yeah, they were enjoying it because they could play all those fireworks... running here and there. Us, as adults who suffered.... simply because we had to keep our eyes on them as they were playing dangerous stuffs...

It was 12am, the worshipping began. We started to pray to the "Sky God"... and here are the kids... each of them had different hopes.... created by us~



Zhi Yang: Bless me grow up fast fast, don't be lazy worm, always do homeworks (Yeah, he doesn't like to do homeworks)

Hao Yang: Bless me grow fatter, don't so naughty (He is the monkey in our house and he is extremely naughty)

Jie Xiang: Bless me become thinner, don't be so fat... (Well, he is 9y.o only but having 40++kg now, can't imagine few years after, how will he look like...)
Jie Yun: Bless me not to be quiet, must talk more. (She doesn't like to talk, even was locked in toilet... she didn't shout us to open the door until I intended to pee and only realised she was locked inside the toilet)
Ruo Xuan: Bless me grow up fast fast, don't challenge teachers anymore, don't simply beat people and don't simply scold people.. (Yeah, she is a chili padi)
Moment later, all were preparing to "contribute" the golden stuffs to the Sky Gold, as an appreciation to the Sky God for blessing us throughout the year...

-End of the story-
Guess what, I'll be going back to KL tomorrow. See ya my KL pals... :)

2 comments:

StephanieBaby_Hyo said...

so nice weih~
this year my sky god worshipping *i didn't know this word exists* cancelled cos my dad say tak mau pray
T_______________________T
my cny doesn't feel like cny this year! T.T

JiN said...

yi? u oso hokkien meh? see ur lala face feel like u are korean lala mui la... haha