Thursday, March 11, 2010

Malaysia Boleh?

Moment ago, I was in steam room after I'd done my work-out session. There were two guys, a Chinese and a Malay were having a conversation regarding Malaysia. Well, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but t would be weird if I covered up my ears and tended not to listen to what they said.

Chinese: Hey, how's your business?

Malay: Just fine, going up and down... it is worse after Chinese New Year.

Chinese: I see... yeah, the economy still doesn't ok~ But other countries don't seem to have problem, they are doing fine.. you know I've been Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore... even Indonesia, they seem to be ok.... Just Malaysia, everything is very quiet here. People in other countries still can buy lotsa expensive things...

Malay: Ya, Malaysia isn't ok now.. you know the economy in Indonesia is much better than Malaysia nowadays. Malaysia doesn't know how to manage their currency seriously.. a lot excuses given most of the time.

Chinese: Anyway, wish you do well ya.. got to go, it's getting hotter... See you.

Malay: Alrite....

Their conversation is kinda attractive for me, well, simply I'm a student who studied this kinda of economic stuffs. I personally agreed with what they mentioned... Malaysia is really in so-so situation now. One thing is that, the Government of the country is too protective towards the domestic car industry.. yeah, like you know:- Proton and Perodua. To remain the domestic car industry's competitiveness, the Government is likely to incur much higher tax to the buyers who want to purchase the foreign cars.

Likewise, the condition of Malaysia is getting worse due to the political issues. Well, I need not to mention the examples of these issues.. If I do, I'm afraid that I will be accused/charged by those what what association. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about! As the situation is getting severe, there would be for sure occurring capital flight, where the investors are no longer to conduct investments domestically. Instead, their capitals are likely to be flowed out from the country to other countries. Well a simple example is that, Malaysia citizens tend to find jobs in Singapore rather than in Malaysia because they perceive that they would get a better life in other countries.

Last month, my cousin offer me to go Australia to find a job there... if I'm willing, she will find me a job... Well, that's still in my consideration.. but however, I concern of my family too... because if I decide to go there, it would for sure I won't be home frequently.. Anyway, I'm still considering...

2 comments:

SiX FeeT JaSoN® said...

everyone will have the same thoughts like u... :)

JiN said...

jom ber ber, we go oversea together... XD