Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The days before.....

I couldn't have a proper slumber on that night, simply because my mind was filled with thousands' expression of my grandma. I just couldn't stop thinking of her during the night. I missed every moment I had with her when I was still a kid. No doubt to say, she took care of me a lot when the time I stayed in Pekan Teroi.

Later, we headed back to Island Hospital again. As usual, some of my relatives were already there to keep their eyes on my grandma. In that moment, it was quite apparent that my grandma was getting weaker and weaker as compared to the day before. We would like to be optimistic one, but the situation seemed to be pessimistic enough......


We couldn't do anything but just to say a little prayer for my grandma, hoping for miracles.... Some of us were already exhausting, as it had been few days that we didn't have a proper sleep. Amongst them, my mother was the one whom contributed and sacrified the most, ever since my grandma started to sickening.


I had a long conversation with my mother while we were sitting at the corridor... She illustrated the scene when my grandma was suffered by stroke all in sudden in that particular morning....
"I woke up at 6 this morning... then I went to exercise until 6.45...grandma was in deep sleep at that moment...15 minutes later, when I went in again, I saw grandma had the symptom of stroke. She behaved so awkward and she totally couldn't talk anymore...She was struggling for something, she tried to talk but nothing can actually come out from her mouth"
I could imagine how was the scene, my mother was extremely worried and nervous.
My mother took a short breathe and then continued again,
"I couldn't carry her, I don't have the strength.....Luckily Sin Yee (my cousin) came in time, we both carried her into Sin Yee's car..."
"Grandma was still in consciousness, she showed a gesture that her back was painful.."
"In hospital, my grandma was very excited....she was trying to say something but she failed...I tried to console her by urging that we would find the greatest doctor to her...Then the next day, she couldn't wake up anymore..."
My mother sighed for awhile, and she continued again...
"The doctor told us that, grandma's brain was damaged more than 50% already... there was only 30% of chances to get recovered again.."
My mother ended our conversation by telling me that she was exhausting. Indeed, she became thinner as compared with last time.... I didn't want to bother and just let her had a good rest....
During night time, we were waiting for my uncle's arrival... who were rushing back from Germany...It was saddening when my youngest aunt told my grandma to wait for my uncle... Even though my grandma was already in unconsciousness, but she could actually hear what my aunt told her. She started to sob.... seemed like indicating us that she was heavy-hearted to let go of her current life.
I had a bad feeling...the feeling told me that my grandma wouldn't be standing longer anymore....

No comments: