Friday, May 14, 2010

Does it matter?

There is a phenomena since I stayed at my hometown last month until recently.

The fact is that: Those older generation especially the aunties knew that I'll be going to UK soon.

Reason: My mum has been assisted me to promote it ever since I told her:"Ma, I've graduated from TARC already. I can go UK liao."

I feel nothing actually, because it isn't a big deal that I can go to UK. But as you know, the mind set of the older generation perceive that those who are able to go oversea would be having better quality than anyone else.

Gradually, I started to feel proud of myself... but in a short while, they tended to ask a similiar question that making me actually not so proud of myself.

Their question:"There you go how MANY YEARS ah??"

I answered:"Errr... 3 months only la..."

Them:"Ohhhh......" (With sort of "cheeeehhhh" expression)

Okay la, as usual... I see you good, you see me good lor.... If you have adequate financial supporting, you can go there for years... as long as you are happy with it. But for me, 3 months already make me almost declaring myself as bankruptcy.

Counting down, less than 1 month from now to go UK. I'm not really exciting and keen to go there actually. Most of my friends were already preparing their stuffs already, but I never concerned about it...

Mr Ong, is your turn to enjoy this moment but you don't cherish it... Apalah....

2 comments:

Lim Shin Na said...

oik..why like that? u were really sad when the 1st time u didn't get to go
then u told me u're gonna do again ur advance diploma.
feel proud of urself la... finally u got to go ma~

JiN said...

ya lor, maybe i've changed la.. i oso duno why i would think like dat... :( but no worry la, i still will go there