Sunday, May 24, 2009

Days at Clarks

I'd been working for Clarks Shoes Event for last 3 days, located at Corus Hotel, Ampang Park. Well, I worked before back in 2 years ago...when the time that I was in my most depressing time. Alright, not going to talk about my depression this turn.

It was a 3 days' event and it was extremely exhausted, believe me! You wouldn't understand how does it feel unless you personally experience it yourself. The scene was crowded and those fellas tended to be fierce and without concerning own safety...well, especially WOMEN...Emotionally involved in their buying activities!

Luckily this time, I was in-charge in Men section...which was far better than Women's section. For instance, at least men wouldn't scream at you crazily...and they behaved themselves much more better than women....

However, some of the customers also kinda pissed me off! I remember there was a Black guy, well...kinda tedious one! And I was the unluckiest one who had to serve him...Picture this, he wanted me to find all kinds of shoes that with size 11...then repeatedly, asking me for the prices for each of these shoes...and I felt like I was a noob that was dumbed by him. In addition, he couldn't speak English at all...then our dealing was basically by using gestures and "slow" and "broken" English speaking.

Black guy: Ini be...ra....pa..... (with kinda funny slang)

Me: One Sixty

Black guy: Huh?

Me: I said.....One......Six.....ty.....(using my hands to show 1,6 and 0)

Black guy: You... tun....half.....shushh...four.....size 12? (You don't have shoes for size 12?)

Me: No......here ....the biggest size we have is size 11, Sir...

Black guy: Wut? Do you...half.....size.....12?

Me: SIR....WHAT...I...MEAN...IS....THAT...HERE...DON'T...HAVE....THE...SIZE 12.....THAT YOU....ARE......LOOKING...FORRRRRR, understand? (I spoke word by word slowly with some funny gestures so that he could understand)


Hmmm, no idea whether he understood what I said or not...he turned away at once to other booth....and I was totally stunned....Wasted so much time to serve him but ended up with nothing. Minutes later, as I was serving other customers...he came to me again and showed me a box of shoes that he had bought...

Black guy: Friend, I chooozee this one!

Me: Oh that's great!!! (Not great for him, but for myself as he finally made his decision)

Black guy: Thank you friend! This shoezzzz beautifool ! (Thumbs up to me)

Me: Oh really? Then good! (Thumbs up back to him)

Black guy: Bye Bye Friend!

Me: Bye~~~ (with a sigh behind)

Zong Xian and Choong were teasing for getting to know such "special" friend....Yeah, no doubt I always met this kinda funny stuff when I worked...Last time dealing with a tedious China woman, this time with this Black fella...

At the last day, when I heard of the announcement, saying that the event is officially ended...Wow, I was totally releasing! But among the counters, ours was the worst one with the worst sales. LOL, leftover damn alot and too pity that they had to move the stocks back to the branches again....

End of the day, commentaries from each of them:

Choong: "Mahai, really blood-sweat money (hard earned money).....worked like hell!"

Chii Yang: "Worked like a cow, walau....my body so painful la...."

Jian Zhong: "Hen lei leh...(very tired)"

Zong Xian: "Wo Mei You Li liao la.....(I have no more energy)"

Rebecca: "That was horrible man!"

Last but not least, for myself...what I could say is, it was really really exhausting! And as the person in charge said..."I hope to work with you all, perhaps we may meet again next time...at this same event too". Well, for me..I would tell him..."Perhaps this will be the last time I worked with you...really really suffering!" Protest! RM100 per day is too few for us!

2 comments:

jenny said...

aiya~
got RM100 still dun wan work??
many ppl lost their jobs leh~
haha^^anyway~
the black fella quite funny~
i think tat time u start losing ur patience~ haha^^

JiN said...

yeah, definitely I lost my patience to serve him...I was kinda fed up to serve him...