Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Sean", not "Sien"!

Just would like ask you all, how do you pronounce "Sean"? Alright, that's used to be my embossed name, since I started to work 2 years ago. I had this name back in years ago, but then I dared not to emboss myself as "Sean"....Why? Yea, I was so afraid to let people teased me for having such name...well, that was my thought back in years ago......No idea I was thinking that time.

Alright, that's all for my introduction. Back to my story, all this while I'm quite annoying that people pronounce my so-called embossed name wrongly. Well, when the time I worked in bank, I remember there was someone pronounced my name wrongly.....and recently, like I worked in PC Fair two days ago....my supervisor pronounced my name wrongly too....

And ah, I have no idea....is my name really that "straight forward" to be pronounced or they never heard of such pronounciation. Most of them, who pronounced my embossed name wrongly one, yup....they pronounce "Sean" as "Sien"......

When they called me as "Sien Ong"....hey, I don't know I should answer them or just ignore it....If I correct them, I suppose is not not so good, right? Therefore, most of the time I would just answer them and later on made it as a joke and shared with my friends.

"Sien Ong, Sien Ong"...later becomes "The King of Bored" in hokkien....or maybe can translate to cantonese..."Sin Wong"..also known as "The King of Cheating".....Aiks, nevermind la!

But allow me to guide you all to pronounce my embossed name again...it is not "Sien" actually, but it should pronounce as "Shawn" or "Shaun"....Do you know the reason behind? Well, "Sean" originally came from France pronounciation.....as same as "Shawn" or "Shaun" actually....

So, that's my clarification.....hope you all pronounce "Sean" correctly ya! :)

Anyhow, it's just for your information...seriously no offence!

1 comment:

jenny said...

haha^_^
ok!!!
SEAN~